Jungles, Waterfalls and Wildlife (JWW15)
(15 days/14 nights)
A two-week adventure for nature lovers through five of Thailand’s most treasured National Parks
Your own guide and driver will accompany you throughout the two week expedition. You will also be guided by local experts in all five of the national parks. Accommodation is within the parks or very close to their borders
The expedition starts and ends in Bangkok and includes one internal flight (Krabi to Bangkok)
- Your adventure begins when we pick you up from Bangkok Airport or from your hotel in Bangkok. You will have your own private, air-conditioned vehicle, with driver and guide for the duration of your two week stay.
- Your transfer from Bangkok to Khao Yai will take about 2.5 hours
- After settling into your accommodation and having a tasty Thai lunch, you will start your 21⁄2 day tour
of Khao Yai National Park, Thailand’s oldest nature reserve.
- The itinerary is dependent on weather, ground conditions, season and the migration and behaviour
of wildlife, but should include the following highlights
o Swim below the wonderful Haew Suwat waterfall, made famous by the film, The Beach,
when Leonardo Di Caprio dived into its refreshingly cool waters.
o A night safari, using searchlights to look for nocturnal animals
o Viewing several million bats stream out of the bat cave at sunset as they begin their nightly
search for food.
o Bathing under the park’s highest waterfall, Haew Narok.
o There is a good chance that wild elephants will be seen, especially towards the end of the day.
- Today we will leave early for our 2 hour transfer to Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Siam
- Visit the many pavilions and landscaped gardens of Bang Pa-In Summer Palace
- Catch an elephant taxi to the temple ruins of Ayutthaya including the famous three-chedi temple, Wat Phra Si Sanphet, Wat Phra Mahatat and the magnificent Wat Ratburana
- We will leave Ayutthaya late in the afternoon to take our 21⁄2 hour onward journey to your hotel at Erawan National Park
- Full day excursion to the stunning Erawan National Park
- The highlight of your visit will be the seven-tiered Erawan Falls, often cited as the most beautiful
waterfalls in all of Thailand.
- The first three tiers are easy to access. The higher tiers will require a more strenuous hike.
- Bring your swimwear to enjoy the crystal clear, natural swimming pools. Day trippers from Bangkok
rarely make it above the first three falls, but you should have the time to enjoy the hike at your own
- If time permits, then we will also visit one of the many caves within the park, with stalactites,
stalagmites and numerous crystals.
- Your lunch will be served in the park, with dinner back at your hotel
- This morning you will leave Erawan for a 2 hour journey to the world famous Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Tour the floating market and the surrounding countryside canals by boat
- Step out of the boat and wander through the myriad stalls on the canalside – this is a photographer’s
- We then travel south for 21⁄2 hours to Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park in time for a cold drink before
dinner at your accommodation
- Khao Sam Roi Yot was the first marine national park in Thailand
- The name, Khao Sam Roi Yot, means ‘the mountain with three hundred summits’ and refers to the huge number of jungle-clad hills that fringe the sea
- The park contains the largest area of freshwater wetlands in Thailand and is, consequently, home to myriad water birds
- Today’s tour of the park is by bicycle, through jungle, Thai villages, beach roads and wetland
- Our tour finishes with a Longtail boat ride across the sea to the famous Phraya Nakhon Cave in
which is housed a four-gabled roofed pavilion that was built for King Rama V
- Dinner is served at your hotel
- Today we have a long, 6-hour journey to Khao Sok National Park, through roads that few tourists have seen
- It’s a day to relax and enjoy the scenery, with your first taste of authentic southern Thai food when you stop off for lunch
- We will arrive in Khao Sok National Park mid-afternoon and will head straight for your accommodation
- And what accommodation it is, for you will be staying in a floating bungalow right on the edge of the magical Cheow Lan Lake, surrounded by thick, lush vegetation and stunning rock formations
- You will have your own kayak with which to explore the water
- There are toilet facilities, but no shower – you swim in the cool lake if you want to wash!
- Enjoy the sunset over the water, before dining out under the stars
- Khao Sok National Park, at 160 million years old, is one of the oldest rainforests on our planet
- Your two-day tour of Khao Sok National Park will include
o A guided hike to the highest viewpoint in the park
o Drifting through Klong Saeng Wildlife Sanctuary on a longtail boat safari o Searching for gaur, water buffalo and wild elephants
o A morning mist safari to find monkeys and gibbons
- Each night you will be served delicious, freshly cooked Thai food and cold drinks at your lake-front accommodation
- A short hour and a half journey will bring you to the idyllic seaside location of Ao Phang Nga National Park, where we will leave you alone to relax, unwind and enjoy the scenery
- On Day 12, we will take you on an incredible aquatic exploration of the park
o After breakfast at your hotel, you will head for the pier, where you will board your boat
o Stop off at two beautiful islands where you will your paddle-men will take you on a guided
canoe tour of lagoons, hidden caves and amazing jungle scenery
o Sail to ‘James Bond Island’ where you can walk around and take photo’s of the famous
Koh Tapu rock that appeared in the film, ‘The man with the golden gun’
o Back on board the boat, you will be served a delicious Thai buffet lunch, cooked on board
the boat, whilst sailing for another heavenly island.
o On this island, you have the time to relax, swim, sunbathe or play with the canoes on your
- Day 13 and 14 are yours to enjoy as you wish. Your guide and driver will be on hand to help you discover more of Ao Phang Nga National Park or to head further afield. You may wish to see the beautiful beaches of Railay, Phra Nang or Tonsai. Or perhaps you’d like to take a day trip to beautiful Koh Phi Phi or to pulsating Phuket. Or maybe try the wonderful Thai cuisine in Krabi town or Ao Nang. Or maybe just relax back at the hotel (you’ve earned it!)
- After breakfast, you will leave Ao Phang Nga and your guide will ensure that you get to Krabi Airport with plenty of time to catch your flight back to Bangkok
- It’s time to say goodbye
- We are sure that it will be a sad farewell to Thailand, the Land of Smiles, but we are equally sure that
you will take many, many happy memories away with you.
Services included in the price:
- Tour Guide: 1 car with driver and 1 English speaking guide will be provided throughout the entire trip
- Accommodation: 1 twin/double room with air conditioning or fan and private facilities
- Meals: As specified in the program (14 Breakfasts, 12 Lunch, 12 Dinner)
- Transport: Tours and transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
- Misc: Local English-speaking guides and all activities as specified in the itinerary, including admission fees, with instruction where necessary
- Internal Flights: One internal flights is included in the package; Krabi to Bangkok on Day 15
- Airport Transfers: These are included at the beginning and end of the trip
Services not included in the price:
- International flights
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for guide and drivers / Personal expenses