Island Hopping with a week in Phuket (APhu15)
(15 days/14 nights)
Spend a fortnight visiting the most enchanting islands in Thailand with a full week on Thailand’s most loved beach resort, Phuket
Please note, because of ferry schedules during the rainy season, this trip is only available from November to August.
The Andaman Sea is littered with towering karsts of limestone climbing out of the turquoise water with myriad idyllic island jewels waiting to be discovered. Your two week adventure starts when we pick you up at Phuket airport and finishes at Krabi airport. Both are easily accessible from Bangkok. If, however, you wish to start or end your visit from another destination, then this can be easily arranged.
Day 1 ( -/-/D) Phuket Hotel
- Arrive at Phuket airport
- You will be met at the airport by your own guide and driver
- Transfer to west-coast hotel and relax by the pool or on the glorious beach
- In the afternoon you will enjoy a full hour-long Thai massage
- Enjoy a sundowner at one of the idyllic beach bars, before heading out for a delicious Thai dinner
- In the evening you will enjoy the chilled ambience of a Thai beach resort and will be served dinner under the stars.
Day 2 (B/L/D) Phuket Hotel
- Today you’ll learn some of the secrets behind the glorious local cuisine at a Thai cookery school
- Your morning will start with an introduction to the many fragrant herbs that you will use
- The school has an open air kitchen, with many of the aromatic plants growing close by
- You will be taught four or five dishes to cook and then it is your turn. After you have completed your sumptuous feast, it is time to dine on the food that you have prepared. Bon appétit!
- After lunch at the cookery school, the afternoon is yours to enjoy as you wish. You may choose to return to the hotel pool or the beach, or you may want to explore the island further. Whatever your choice, be it secluded beach or bustling market, your guide and driver will be pleased to take you there
- Dinner will be served al fresco, with warm sea breezes off the Indian Ocean. The choice of venue is yours. Will you choose a romantic seafront idyll, with palm trees and gently lapping waves? Or will you choose Patong; a rowdy strip of neon lights and late night rowdiness?!
Day 3 (B/L/D) Phuket Hotel
- Today you will have a luxury boat cruise through the wonderful Phang Nga Bay
- After breakfast at your hotel, you will depart for Ao Po pier, where you will board your boat
- Stop off at two beautiful islands where you will our paddle-men will take you on a guided tour of lagoons, hidden caves and amazing jungle scenery
- Sail to ‘James Bond Island’ where you can walk around and take photo’s of the famous Koh Tapu rock that appeared in the film, ‘The man with the golden gun’
- Back on board the boat, you will be served a delicious Thai buffet lunch, cooked on board the boat, whilst sailing for another heavenly island.
- On this island, you have the time to relax, swim, sunbathe or play with the canoes on your own.
- Return to Ao Po pier and then back to your hotel
- Your guide will, once again, arrange dinner to suit your choice before saying goodbye for a few days
Day 4 (B/-/-) Phuket Hotel
- Free time on Phuket
Thailand’s foremost, and most loved, beach resort is the island of Phuket with its lush, jungle-clad mountains reaching down to untouched coves and secluded inlets of silky soft sand and warm, crystal clear tropical waters. With a wonderful blend of relaxation and excitement, it is no wonder that Phuket is the premier holiday destination in Thailand.
- This is your time to enjoy as you wish. Your guide will return tomorrow.
Day 5 (B/L/D) Koh Phi Phi Hotel
- This afternoon, you will be leaving the island of Phuket.
- You will enjoy breakfast at your hotel before checking out. Your driver will look after your luggage whilst you set out with your guide to explore Old Phuket town, which was once a thriving merchant’s settlement
- Visit the magnificent Sino-Portuguese buildings and row houses
- We will walk past dazzling Chinese and Thai temples, before stopping off at the most wonderful of them all, the Shrine of the Serene Light
- After a yummy lunch at one of the many street cafes, we will head for the ferry port. It is time to say goodbye to your guide and driver, but rest assured, your travel plans are easy to follow and our support pack will ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- Your two hour ferry journey will take you to the breathtakingly beautiful islands of Koh Phi Phi, where you’ll be staying on Phi Phi Don
- The afternoon is yours to enjoy on the beach. Lie back and relax in the knowledge that you are now
- If you wish to dive or snorkel, then there are numerous operators on the beach and the waters here
are some of the best in Thailand
- Dinner is, once again, served under the stars
Day 6 (B/L/D) Koh Phi Phi Hotel
- The morning is yours to enjoy at your leisure, whether swimming in the beautiful, warm, oriental sea, walking along the jungle-clad beaches, or just chilling by the hotel pool.
- Today’s enchanting excursion will take you to Koh Phi Phi Leh, home of Maya Bay, made famous by the film, The Beach. But, you will not be there with the hoards of tourists who hit the island at lunchtime, for we leave on an exclusive afternoon and sunset cruise.
- Your boat trip will first stop at Viking caves, before heading for Pileh Bay for swimming, snorkelling and kayaking.
- You then head for the famous Maya Bay, where you have time to relax and watch the other boats leave as ‘The Beach’ gradually empties, until it is yours. It is a truly delightful place to be!
- After your time on Maya Bay, you will climb back on board for the sunset and all of its fabulous photo opportunities
- A hot dinner is then served on board the boat. But the day isn’t over yet…
- When it is dark, you will be able to enter the warm water for an incredible, psychedelic light-show of natural bioluminescent plankton in the water. A magical end to a magical day!
Day 7-11 (B/-/-) Koh Phi Phi Hotel
- Free time on Phi Phi
The Phi Phi islands are widely regarded to be one of the most beautiful places on Earth; a tropical paradise in every sense of the word. Tiny bays abound, with soft white sands and glorious warm, turquoise water gently lapping the shore. The hills and cliffs that come down to the beaches are clad in a wondrous blanket of tropical foliage and flowers. The restaurants and bars are first-rate, with romantic dinners taken on the beach. Diving here is highly regarded, as are the Thai massages on the beach or in one of the lovely spas. Phi Phi is a place to lie back, relax and enjoy the isolation.
Day 12 (B/L/D) Koh Phi Phi Hotel
- After breakfast at your Phi Phi hotel, we will board the hour long, morning ferry to Koh Lanta After all of your excursions over the past week, the afternoon is yours to enjoy at leisure on this stunning island
- Koh Lanta has a flatter coast than the other islands that you have been to, so it is easier to explore.You could hire a car or a motorbike, or how about being really adventurous and hiring your own tuk tuk!
- Koh Lanta is larger than most of the islands in this region and there are still many beaches to find that will be deserted. The sand is a lovely, powdery and honeysuckle white, and the warm tropical sea is delightful
- Resorts on the north of the island are livelier and the best beaches are on the west coast Dinner will be served back at your hotel
Day 13 (B/-/-) Koh Lanta Hotel
- Free time on Koh Lanta
Koh Lanta is a beautiful island that has yet to be discovered by the tourist hoards. At 30km long and 6km wide, there is much to discover. Nine pristine beaches with soft, luxurious sand lie one after the other along the sunset coast. The coral reefs that surround the island are teaming with aquatic life and attract divers from around the world. Koh Lanta truly is an unspoilt holiday idyll with treasures a plenty.
Day 14 (B/L/D) Koh Lanta Hotel
- You will waken and have breakfast at your Koh Lanta hotel
- Today is your last full day of the tour, and what a way to end it! You will be taken to Klong Jark
- Waterfall Mountain where you will see the elephants that used to be used in the logging industry. Today their job has changed and they will take you on an hour long trek through the magnificent jungle, with babbling streams and thick, lush vegetation.
- After your trek, you will be taken on a guided hike to the waterfall, stopping off on the way to visit the famous bat cave
- In the afternoon you may wish to remain on lovely Klong Jark beach and spend some more time with the elephants, or return to more familiar beaches close to your hotel
- Tonight is your last night and we have arranged for you to eat a traditional Thai banquet, before an early night…or one more night on the tiles – Thai style!
Day 15 (B/-/-)
- We will arrange for your transfer to Krabi airport so you get back to Bangkok in plenty of time for your onward flight
- It’s time to say goodbye
- We are sure that it will be a sad farewell to Thailand, the Land of Smiles, but we are equally sure that you will take many, many happy memories away with you.
Services included in the price:
- Tour Guide: 1 car with driver and 1 English speaking guide will be provided from Day 1 until day 3 and also on Day 9.
- Accommodation: All rooms have air conditioning and private facilities.
- Meals: As specified in the program; 14 x Breakfast, 6 x Lunch (including cookery school), 7 x Dinner.
- Transport: Tours and transfers by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Misc: All activities as specified in the itinerary, including admission fees, with instruction where necessary.
Services not included in the price:
- International and internal flights
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for guide and drivers / Personal expenses