Elephant Trek, Ox Carting, Bamboo Rafting & Temple on the Mountain
(Private Day Tour)
- Your guide and driver will collect you from your Chiang Mai hotel, or from the Airport
- You will be taken about an hour north of Chiang Mai, through rural Thai countryside and on to the lush rainforest that surrounds Mae Taeng River.
- When you arrive at the elephant camp, your guide will take you down to the river where you can watch the mahouts Bathe the Elephants.
- You will then experience a magical show in which the elephants will demonstrate traditional skills such as logging and construction, as well as some fun and games, including football and painting.
- It will then be time for you to climb aboard your animal for a 45-minute Elephant Trek through the jungle, where you will twice cross the river. Hold on tight and go with the sway! And don’t forget to pick up a few bananas or some sugar cane to feed your elephant.
- Your trek will end in a small Lisu Hill Tribe, where you can chat with the villagers, many of whom will be in local dress. This is a great chance to buy locally produced craftwork.
- From the village, you will return to the elephant camp by Ox Cart. It’s a rickety, but scenic, 15-minute ride through rice fields and orchards of tropical fruit.
- Once back at the elephant camp, you will be served a tasty Thai buffet before heading out for a leisurely drift down the river on your own Bamboo Raft The journey will take between 45 minutes and an hour, depending on the river conditions and it is a wonderful, atmospheric way to see the jungle.
- You will now head back towards Chiang Mai, with a short stop off at an Orchid and Butterfly Farm, where we are sure that you will enjoy the colourful flowers and insects that abound.
- After the orchids, we will take you to the glorious Temple on the Mountain, Wat Phra That Doi Suthep. The temple is one of the most famous in Thailand and offers unrivalled views of Chiang Mai town far below. This site was chosen by a white elephant 450 years ago when, carrying a relic of the Lord Buddha, he came to rest on the mountain. This is a magnificent place to visit and is sure to live long in the memory.
- After your activities are over, your guide and driver will take you back to your hotel, where your tour will end.
|Price in Thai Baht
What is included in the price
- Local Thai guide throughout
- Private vehicle with driver
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- Water in your vehicle and at lunch
What is not included in the price
- Drinks other than water
Departure Time: 08.00
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point: All city centre hotels or Chiang Mai Airport
Wheelchair accessible: It would be difficult to complete these activities. Sorry!
What to bring
- Light, comfortable clothing
- Please dress modestly for the temple. Sleeveless or strappy tops should not be worn and shorts, dresses or skirts should come below the knee. Shoes should be removed when entering a temple. Thank you for your consideration.