Chiang Mai Foodies Tour with Cookery School
(Private Day Tour)
- Your tour begins when your guide and driver pick you up from your Chiang Mai hotel or from the Airport.
- During the day there will be numerous Tasting Opportunities and these will begin when your guide shows you round the famous Warorot Market. Here you will buy ingredients for this evening’s cookery school and you will learn about the many green herbs that typify the food from northern Thailand (Lanna cuisine)
- Throughout the day, we will introduce you to Local Food that typifies the region. Maybe you will get your first taste of sai ua, the spicy northern pork sausage that is steamed in banana leaf, or perhaps the uncooked, fermented sausage, naem maw. Fried pork (moo tod) is a local delicacy, as is the famous, fragrant khao soi curry. Those with a sweet tooth will like mango and sticky rice or home-made coconut ice cream.
- There will also be a chance to taste some of the wonderful Exotic Fruit that grows in the region, such as mangosteen, rambutan, longan, durian, jackfruit or custard apple.
- As you tour the Old City, there will be a chance to visit some of the most famous attractions, including the magnificent ruins of Wat Chedi Luang, with its giant stone chedi, and beautiful Wat Suan Dok, with its picturesque garden of whitewashed chedis that house the ashes of members of the Thai royal family.
- Your tour of the city will draw to a close at about 3pm when your driver will take you to a Lanna Thai Cookery School for your evening culinary instruction.
- You will be shown how to cook 4 or 5 different dishes and then it’s over to you. All the ingredients and laid out for you and the cooking utensils are ready to use, making the course fun and easy to follow.
- Before you leave, you will be given your own Thai Cookery Book, that makes a lovely souvenir and will hopefully inspire you to continue to cook Thai food when you get home
- Your guide and driver will take you back to your hotel, or to the airport, where your tour will end
|Price in Thai Baht
What is included in the price
- Local Thai guide throughout
- Private vehicle with driver
- At least 12 different tastings at 6 or more different venues
- Entrance fees to all temples and other attractions
- Evening cookery school (NB You may be joined at the cookery school by other guests)
- Dinner (you cook it yourself!)
- Water throughout the day
What is not included in the price
- Drinks other than water
Departure Time: 09.30
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Point: All city centre hotels or Chiang Mai Airport
Wheelchair accessible: Yes
What to bring
- Light, comfortable clothing
- Please dress modestly. Sleeveless or strappy tops should not be worn and shorts, dresses or skirts should come below the knee. Shoes should be removed when entering a temple. Thank you for your consideration.