Action Adventure (AA15)
(15 days/14 nights)
This two week package is a fantastic way to have a lot of fun and to see a lot of what Thailand has to offer at the same time!
Your itinerary takes you from Bangkok, the pulsating heart of Thailand, to lovely Chiang Mai in the north of the country, before some serious beach time on the dreamy isle of Koh Tao.
You’ll cycle around the hidden backstreets of lively Bangkok, whizz through the klongs (canals) in a longtail boat, visit ridiculously opulent and glittery temples, climb Thailand’s highest peak, walk through jungle, rice fields and hill tribe villages, hurtle down 10km of white waters on a raft, trek through rainforest on the back of an elephant, ride a rickety ox cart, drift downriver on a bamboo raft, fly through the tropical forest canopy on zip wires, complete a dive course in the warm waters off some amazing coral gardens, attend a Thai kick boxing camp, learn to fly through the air on a trapeze, and enjoy a full day’s treasure hunt on an idyllic island, finding secret bays and viewpoints that are rarely visited by others. And, we’ll ensure that you get a really good Thai massage too!
- Arrive at Bangkok airport
- You will be met at the airport by your own guide and driver
- Transfer to hotel
- Your guide will show you the area around your hotel and advise you about how to haggle for a good
price on the tuk tuks or street markets that are located close by.
- In the evening you will enjoy a traditional khantoke dinner with Thai Dance
- Tour of famous Bangkok temples including those of the Reclining Buddha & Emerald Buddha
- Tour of the Royal Palace
- Walk through Amulet Market to Chao Phraya for riverside restaurant lunch
- Tour of Bangkok canals by longboat
- Dine and dance on an evening cruise through Bangkok along the Chao Phraya river
- Today, you will complete a wonderful 5 hour journey of discovery by bicycle, going to places that tourists rarely visit. You will take your bike on a train, in a boat and even on the sky train as you navigate through modern & traditional parts of this fascinating city. Your journey will take you to the very outskirts and back. This is a day that you will truly never forget!
- After an early breakfast, you will travel to the world famous Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Tour the floating market and the surrounding countryside canals by boat
- Step out of the boat and wander through the myriad stalls on the canalside – this is a photographer’s paradise!
- After a delicious riverside lunch, we will transfer you to Bangkok airport for your flight to Chiang Mai
- After checking into your Chiang Mai hotel, a short ride out of town brings you to the colourful temple on the mountain, Wat Doi Suthep with splendid views of Chiang Mai down below
- Dinner will be served at your hotel
- In today’s jungle treetop adventure, you’ll fly along 7km of zip wires high in the trees with Asia’s biggest single flight that is over half a mile long! Your canopy journey takes you to 33 stations, where you’ll meet the gibbons that inhabit this rainforest.
- After your time in the trees and a delicious lunch of local delicacies, you’ll be taken on a short trek through the jungle to the glorious Maekempong falls, where you can climb its seven tiers and bathe in the fresh, cool waters.
- You will return to Chiang Mai mid-afternoon where there is an hour-long, traditional Thai massage awaiting you.
- Breakfast at your hotel and then depart for a full-day’s excursion to Doi Inthanon National Park
- Visit the stunning waterfalls of Wachiratharn and Siritharn
- Enjoy a hillside Thai lunch
- Travel to the top of Thailand’s highest peak, Doi Inthanon, home of endemic plant and animal species such as the green-tailed sunbird
- Walk the short Angkha summit trail, amongst the lush jungle vegetation
- In the afternoon we will undertake a delightful 2-3 hour hike through rainforest, rice fields and hill tribes; and it’s all downhill!
- Visit a Karen hill tribe village and a Hmong hill tribe market
- Overnight is in bamboo bungalows as guests of a Karen hill tribe
- After an early breakfast on the mountain, we will head off for Mae Taman for a day of fun on the water.
- You will hurtle down 10km of breathtaking white water rapids on your inflatable rafts. The water is fast-flowing and the jungle scenery is magical. You will learn how to steer the raft, with your captain
leading from the back. No two journeys are ever the same as you try to navigate your way through the rapids
- When you reach the end of your journey, you will come into a small elephant camp where you will have plenty of time to interact with the animals and bathe them in the river.
- After breakfast in the hill tribe village, you will set off for an Elephant conservation camp
- Optional: Early arrival at the camp will allow you to bathe the elephants in the river
- After interacting with the elephants in their camp, you will be able to take a 45 minute elephant trek through the rainforest in which they live
- You will also take a short ride on a traditional ox-pulled cart. Very rickety – very fun!
- And after that, you’ll climb aboard a long river raft made entirely of bamboo and drift down the river through fantastic jungle scenery
- We will deliver you to your Chiang Mai hotel mid-afternoon, with plenty of time to prepare yourself for tomorrow’s early morning flight to the South
- After an early breakfast, we will transport you to Chiang Mai airport in plenty of time to catch your flight back to Bangkok and then your onward flight to Koh Samui
- A two hour catamaran ride brings you to the idyllic island of Koh Tao, where you will spend the next six days
- Koh Tao is a small, laid back island with golden, sandy beaches and secluded bays. Many would argue, however, that its true beauty lies beneath its crystal clear waters.
- Koh Tao is a world-renowned dive resort, because of its excellent dive schools and tuition, the calm, clear waters that surround the island, and the wonderful sea life that inhabits its coral gardens.
- On Koh Tao, we will arrange for you to complete a dive package that suits your abilities. Most will undertake the universally recognised PADI Open Water qualification, whilst non-divers may complete
a snorkelling course and those who are already qualified may choose an appropriate dive programme.
- You will spend the morning at a genuine Muay Thai training camp, learning the art of Thai kick boxing. You’ll be shown how to strap up in preparation for your workout and will then be given
instruction in the various kicks & punches, using your knees, elbows, fists and shins. You will not be fighting, but you will be pushed to the limit!
- After your work-out (and a good long rest!) we will take you to a trapeze school, where you will be taught how to fly through the air, like a real circus performer! Flying high in the air, hanging upside down and looking over the tropical waters and jungle-clad mountains of Koh Tao is not something you’ll easily forget!
- On your last day in Koh Tao, you will embark upon a full day’s treasure hunt, that will take you to secluded bays and hilltop views that most tourists never see
- The assignment is a blend of the traditional treasure hunt with clues to follow along the way and the more modern ‘escape room’ scenario
- You will follow clues by foot, jeep and even in the water with a snorkel and mask
- After your day’s adventure, you will have one more night to enjoy the island before you depart
- You will leave the island early and travel back to Koh Samui for your return flight to Bangkok
- We will make sure that you get back to Bangkok Airport in plenty of time for your international flight
- It’s time to say goodbye. We are sure that it will be a sad farewell to Thailand, the Land of Smiles, but we are equally sure that you will take many, many happy memories away with you.
Services included in the price:
- Tour Guide: 1 car with driver and 1 English speaking guide will be provided for days 1-8
- Accommodation: 1 twin/double room with air conditioning and private facilities in all hotels. Some accommodation is more basic, such as in the hill tribe village and the bamboo bungalows on Doi Inthanon
- Meals: As specified in the program. 14 x Breakfast, 8 x Lunch, 5 x Dinner
- Transport: Tours and transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
- Internal Flights: Bangkok – Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai – Bangkok – Koh Samui, Koh Samui - Bangkok
- Misc: Local English-speaking guides and all activities as specified in the itinerary, including admission fees, with instruction where necessary.
Services not included in the price:
- International flights
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for guide and drivers / Personal expenses