Two Week Tour of Thailand
(14 days/13 nights)
A comprehensive two-week tour of the country including all of the main highlights and a number of lesser known secrets.
This comprehensive tour of Thailand takes you through the country from the northern mountains to the beaches of the south.
The tour starts and ends in Bangkok with internal flights from Bangkok to the city of Chiang Mai at the start of your adventure and return flights between Bangkok and Krabi in the south. If you wish to spend more time on the beaches at the end of your tour, then this is easily arranged.
Meals are provided as outlined on the itinerary. If you wish for every meal to be provided, then this can be sorted too.
- Arrive early morning at Chiang Mai airport/train station
- You will be met by your own guide and your driver
- Transfer to Chiang Mai hotel
- Excursion to the temple on the mountain, Wat Doi Suthep (to include lunch)
- City tour of Chiang Mai old town
- Traditional Khantoke dinner with Thai dance
- Breakfast at your hotel before early morning departure
- Early arrival at Mae Taman Elephant Camp to bathe the elephants (swimwear required)
- Elephant show
- Ox carting from hill tribe village
- Elephant ride through jungle
- Bamboo rafting
- Return journey to include tour of scenic countryside and lunch
- Visit the exciting Night Market in Chiang Mai and enjoy a delicious Thai dinner among the bustle and vibrancy of this colorful,
- Asian bazaar
- Breakfast at your hotel
- Early departure to a local market where you will buy fresh produce for today’s Cookery School
- You will learn how to cook five delicious dishes and will eat these with other cookery students
- After returning to your hotel, we will arrange for a relaxing, hour-long, traditional Thai massage
- Breakfast at your hotel and then depart for a full-day’s excursion to Doi Inthanon National Park
- Visit the stunning waterfalls of Wachiratharn and Siritharn
- Take in the stunning views across the park from the King and Queen’s chedis
- Enjoy a hillside Thai lunch
- Travel to the top of Thailand’s highest peak, Doi Inthanon, home of endemic plant and animal species such as the green-tailed sunbird
- Walk the short Angkha summit trail, amongst the lunch jungle vegetation
- Those who wish to, may also take in a more strenuous 2-3 hour hike through rainforest and hill tribes
- Visit a Karen hill tribe village and a Hmong hill tribe market
- Return to your hotel early evening
- Today we travel south to the elegant former capital of Thailand, Sukhothai
- You will visit the magnificent Sukhothai Historical Park World Heritage Site
- In the morning, your guide will show you around the outlying temples and shrines. You will visit the famous seated speaking
- Buddha, Wat Sri Chum, and Wat Sorasak, the bell-shaped pagoda surrounded by stone elephants.
- After a tasty lunch, you have a choice of afternoon activities; you can explore the expansive site on bicycle, or we can continue through the park by car
- Your hotel is close to the park.
- For dinner, we recommend that you try goo-ay dee-o Sukhothai, the famous, local noodle dish
- Early morning transfer to Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Siam
- Visit the many pavilions and landscaped gardens of Bang Pa-In Summer Palace
- Take a long-tail boat up the Chao Phraya river to Ayutthaya island
- Catch an elephant taxi to the temple ruins of Ayutthaya including the famous three-chedi temple, Wat Phra Si Sanphet, Wat Phra
- Mahatat and the magnificent Wat Ratburana
- Dinner at your guesthouse.
Full day excursion to Thailand’s oldest nature reserve, Khao Yai National Park
Drive through the park looking for wildlife and then continue on foot through the majestic rainforest
Swim below the wonderful Haew Suwat waterfall, made famous by the film, The Beach
Continue your safari throughout the day until dusk, when elephants are most likely to be seen
Return to your guesthouse for a late dinner
- Today you will travel to Bangkok, the pulsating heart of Thailand
- Tour of famous Bangkok temples including those of the Reclining Buddha & Emerald Buddha
- Tour of the Royal Palace
- Walk through Amulet Market to Chao Phraya for riverside restaurant lunch
- Tour of Bangkok canals by longboat
- Tonight you will dine and dance in style on an evening cruise through Bangkok along the Chao Phraya river
- This morning you will leave Bangkok early to travel to the world famous Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Tour the floating market and the surrounding countryside canals by boat
- Step out of the boat and wander through the myriad stalls on the canalside – this is a photographer’s paradise!
- Eat a riverside lunch before returning to your Bangkok Hotel
- The afternoon and evening are yours to enjoy at your leisure, before tomorrow’s early flight to the coast
- You will leave your hotel early for the short flight to Koh Samui where you will spend the next five nights
- Koh Samui is an idyllic, tropical, resort island. With mile upon mile of stunning coastline, thick, lush rainforest in its interior and a plethora of bars, restaurants and street food, it is no wonder that the island is such a coveted and desirable destination.
- Included in our package is a day’s visit to the stunning archipelago of Ang Thong composed of 42 picture-perfect, jungle clad islets.
- Lunch is included on this day
- We will arrange for your transfer to Koh Samui airport so you get back to Bangkok in plenty of time for your return flight
- It’s time to say goodbye
- We are sure that it will be a sad farewell to Thailand, the Land of Smiles, but we are equally sure that
you will take many, many happy memories away with you.
Services included in the price:
- Tour Guide: 1 car with driver and 1 English speaking guide will be provided from Day 1 to Day 10 (Bangkok Airport)
- Accommodation: 1 twin/double room with air conditioning and private facilities in Chiang Mai, Sukhothai, Bangkok and Koh Samui. Accommodation at Ayutthaya is in a comfortable guest house where you will be served dinner
- Meals: As specified in the program (14 Breakfasts, 10 Lunches and 4 Dinners)
- Transport: Tours and transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
- Internal Flights: Three internal flights are included, as listed in the itinerary (Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Bangkok to Koh Samui, Koh Samui to Bangkok)
- Airport Transfers: Transfers at Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Koh Samui are all included
- Misc: Local English-speaking guides and all activities as specified in the itinerary, including admission fees, with instruction where necessary.
Services not included in the price:
- International flights
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for guide and drivers / Personal expenses