Family Fun (Fam15)
(15 days/14 nights)
With fairytale palaces and temples, elephants to ride, jungles to explore and soft, sandy beaches for your sandcastles, Thailand is a wonderful, family-friendly destination.
Our family tours are low on the travel time and high on fun! You will stay in hotels that have been specially selected to appeal to adults and children alike, with plenty of facilities and lots of things to do.
Your tour begins with three nights in bustling Bangkok where you’ll visit the Royal Palace and some of Bangkok’s most impressive temples, we’ll take you on a brilliant cycle tour of the city, you’ll discover the klongs (canals) by longtail boat and feast on the delicacies of the floating market.
In Chiang Mai you’ll whizz through the jungle canopy on zip wires, raft down 10 km of white water rapids and take a trek through the rainforest on the back of an elephant!
We’ll then fly you to the idyllic tropical island of Koh Samui for a week of relaxation. With soft, white, sandy beaches and warm, turquoise waters, this truly is paradise. Included in the package is a full day’s tour of the beautiful Ang Thong Marine National Park, a chance to cook up your own feast at a Thai cookery school, and an exploration of the islands secret interior.
- Arrive at Bangkok airport
- You will be met at the airport by your own guide and driver
- Transfer to hotel
- Your guide will show your family to your hotel and let you settle in
- This evening you will dine outside and have your first taste of authentic Thai cuisine. Don’t worry
about it being too spicy; we will arrange for the food to be cooked to suit your palate.
- Today we will take you on a guided tour of some of Bangkok’s famous palaces and temples. With their ornate turrets, gold leaf and brightly coloured exteriors, they are like a fairytale setting
- Your tour of the famous Bangkok temples includes those of the Reclining Buddha & Emerald Buddha
- You will also visit the Royal Palace, home to the King of Thailand
- A short walk through the Amulet Market brings you to the Chao Phraya for a riverside restaurant lunch
- After lunch, you will climb aboard a longtail speedboat for an amazing tour of Bangkok’s klongs (canals)
- Today, you will complete a wonderful journey of discovery by bicycle, going to places that tourists rarely visit. You will take your bike on a train, in a boat and even on the sky train as you navigate through modern & traditional parts of this fascinating city. Your journey will take you to the very outskirts and back. This is one of the highest rated ‘things to do’ on Tripadvisor and we are sure that it will be a day that you will truly never forget!
- The cycling is not difficult and will be tailored to your family’s abilities
- In the evening you will enjoy a traditional Thai banquet with Thai dancing
- After an early breakfast, you will travel to the world famous Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Tour the floating market and the surrounding countryside canals by boat
- Step out of the boat and wander through the myriad stalls on the canalside – this is a photographer’s paradise!
- After a delicious riverside lunch, we will transfer you to Bangkok airport for your flight to Chiang Mai
- After checking into your Chiang Mai hotel, a short ride out of town brings you to the colourful temple on the mountain, Wat Doi Suthep with splendid views of Chiang Mai down below
- Dinner will be served at your hotel
- In today’s jungle treetop adventure, you’ll fly along 7km of zip wires high in the trees with Asia’s biggest single flight that is over half a mile long! Your canopy journey takes you to 33 stations, where you’ll meet the gibbons that inhabit this rainforest.
- After your time in the trees and a delicious lunch of local delicacies, you’ll be taken on a short trek through the jungle to the glorious Maekempong falls, where you can climb its seven tiers and bathe in the fresh, cool waters.
- You will return to Chiang Mai mid-afternoon and have plenty of time to relax, before we take you out to Chiang Mai’s famous Night Bazaar, where you may choose to enjoy a delicious Thai dinner among the bustle and vibrancy of this colorful, Asian market.
- After an early breakfast on the mountain, we will head off for Mae Taeng for a day of fun on the water.
- You will hurtle down 10km of breathtaking white water rapids on your inflatable rafts. The water is fast-flowing and the jungle scenery is magical. You will learn how to steer the raft, with your captain
leading from the back. No two journeys are ever the same as you try to navigate your way through the rapids
- When you reach the end of your journey, you will come into a small elephant camp where you will have plenty of time to interact with the animals and bathe them in the river.
- After an early breakfast, you will set off for an Elephant conservation camp
- Optional: Early arrival at the camp will allow you to bathe the elephants in the river
- After interacting with the elephants in their camp, you will be able to take a 45 minute elephant trek through the rainforest in which they live
- You will also take a short ride on a traditional ox-pulled cart. Very rickety – very fun!
- And after that, you’ll climb aboard a long river raft made entirely of bamboo and drift down the river through fantastic jungle scenery
- We will deliver you to your Chiang Mai hotel mid-afternoon, with plenty of time to prepare for tomorrow’s early morning flight to the southern islands
- After an early breakfast, we will transport you to Chiang Mai airport in plenty of time to catch your flight back to Bangkok and then your onward flight to Koh Samui where you will spend the next week
- Koh Samui is just the most idyllic, tropical, resort island. With mile upon mile of stunning coastline, thick, lush rainforest in its interior and a plethora of restaurants and street food, it is no wonder that the island is such a coveted and desirable family destination.
- Your time on Koh Samui includes three wonderful excursions (lunch included each day)
1. A full day visit to the stunning archipelago of Ang Thong composed of 42 picture-perfect, jungle
clad islets. Lunch on a desert island is included, as well as snorkelling and kayaking.
2. You will visit a Thai Cookery School, where you will learn how to cook four or five delicious dishes and will eat these with other cookery students
3. A private tour of Samui island where you’ll see some huge Buddhas, swim in Namuang waterfall and learn about the mummified monk.
- You will leave your hotel early for your return flight to Bangkok
- We will make sure that you get back to Bangkok Airport in plenty of time for your international flight
- It’s time to say goodbye. We are sure that it will be a sad farewell to Thailand, the Land of Smiles, but we are equally sure that you will take many, many happy memories away with you.
Services included in the price:
- Tour Guide: 1 car with driver and 1 English speaking guide will be provided for days 1-8
- Accommodation: Rooms with air conditioning and private facilities in all hotels. Family friendly hotels are selected
- Meals: As specified in the program. 14 x Breakfast, 9 x Lunch, 3 x Dinner
- Transport: Day 1-8 by air-conditioned vehicle
- Internal Flights: Bangkok – Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai – Bangkok – Koh Samui, Koh Samui - Bangkok
- Misc: Local English-speaking guides and all activities as specified in the itinerary, including admission fees, with instruction where necessary.
Services not included in the price:
- International flights
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for guide and drivers / Personal expenses