White Water Rafting and Elephant Encounter
(Private Day Tour)
- Your guide and driver will collect you from your Chiang Mai hotel, or from the Airport, in your own air-conditioned, private vehicle
- You will be taken about an hour north of Chiang Mai, through rural Thai countryside and on to the lush rainforest that surrounds Mae Taeng River
- The Mae Taeng river cascades through wild Thai jungle and you’ll catch a good glimpse of the excitement ahead as you slowly wind your way up the valley, past elephant camps and small hill tribe villages
- Upon arrival at the rafting centre, you will be given a safety brief and tuition from one of the professional rafters. It is then time for an early Thai Lunch on the banks of the river, whilst you ready yourself for the adventure ahead
- Your 10km White Water Rafting journey will take you through dense jungle where you may catch sight of monkeys or giant butterflies. There will be stretches of calmer water where you lie back and enjoy the scenery and there will be bubbling torrents where you do your very best to stay in the raft. It’s real Indiana Jones stuff!
- After 10 km, you’ll enter the valley basin, where the waters flow much slower and it is here that you will first encounter your Elephants.
- Your mahout (elephant handler) will show you how to command the beasts, enabling you to Feed the Elephants.
You will then lead the elephants back to the river, where you can get in with the animals to Bathe and Wash them.
- If you wish, then you can also climb on top of the elephants and Ride Bareback along the edge of the water.
After your rafting and elephant encounter, it’s time for a quick shower before your guide and driver will take you back to your Chiang Mai hotel or to the Airport.
|1 person||2 people||3 people||4+ people|
|Price in Thai Baht||7500||5000||4400||3900|
NB Waters flow from July through to March and the river is usually navigable at these times. From April to June, the waters may be too low and from August through to October, they are occasionally too high! We will be able to confirm the day before and no payment need be made until the day of your adventure.
What is included in the price
- Local Thai guide throughout
- Private vehicle with driver
- 10km white water rafting
- All equipment-hire and tuition
- Close-up elephant encounter
- Water in your vehicle and at lunch
What is not included in the price
- Drinks other than water
Departure Time: 07.30
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point: All city centre hotels or Chiang Mai Airport
Wheelchair accessible: It would be difficult to complete these activities. Sorry!
What to bring
- Light, comfortable clothing
- Swimwear and old shirt