Doi Inthanon Mountain: Rice Fields, Jungle, Hill Tribes & Waterfalls
(Private Day Tour)
- This captivating tour will take you out of Chiang Mai into the Thai Countryside where you’ll be able to see a completely different way of life.
- Your tour will begin when your guide and driver pick you up from your Chiang Mai hotel, or from the Airport
- Your journey will take you 2 hours out of Chiang Mai, through rural Thailand and into Doi Inthanon National Park. After you enter the park, you will wind your way up through dense rainforest, until you reach the summit of Doi Inthanon, The Highest Point in Thailand.
- On your your way to the Summit, you will stop off at the two chedis, Naphamethinidon and Naphaphonphumisiri, that were built to celebrate the 60th birthdays of the king and queen of Thailand. This is a wonderful photo opportunity that you don’t want to miss.
- Your driver will then take you to within 20 metres of the summit – you walk the rest! Here you can linger and enjoy the atmosphere of this sacred place. Perhaps, if you’re lucky, then you will see the rare green-tailed sunbird.
- Close to the summit is the Ang Ka Trail, a wonderful boardwalk through the mossy and boggy cloud forest. It’s only 360m long, but the mists rolling through the epiphytes that smother the trees will live long in the memory.
- From the summit, we will head down the mountain to a small Hmong Hill Tribe Market where you will find great souvenirs such as honey, dried fruits and local craftwork.
- Next we head for a delicious Thai Lunch, before embarking on an easy 2-3 Hour Hike that is all downhill! Your walk will take you past rice fields, through thick rainforest, along bubbling waterways that you cross on rickety bamboo bridges, and into a delightful Karen Hill Tribe Village, where you can enjoy coffee that is grown on the mountain.
- Your day in Doi Inthanon National Park will finish with a visit to the splendid Wachirathan Falls that cascade 80m over granite and through thick jungle.
- After your day on Doi Inthanon, your guide and driver will take you back to your hotel, or to the airport, where your tour will end.
|1 person||2 people||3 people||4+ people|
|Price in Thai Baht||7200||4400||3900||3300|
What is included in the price
- Local Thai guide throughout
- Private vehicle with driver
- Entrance fees to the park
- Water in your vehicle and at lunch
- Local hill tribe guide for your hike
What is not included in the price
- Drinks other than water
Departure Time: 08.00
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point: All city centre hotels or Chiang Mai Airport
Wheelchair access: The walking routes are inaccessible. A modified programme is possible upon request.
What to bring
- Light, comfortable clothing
- Good walking shoes or gym shoes
- When visiting the King and Queen chedis, please dress modestly. Sleeveless or strappy tops should not be worn and shorts, dresses or skirts should come below the knee. Shoes should be removed when entering a temple. Thank you for your consideration.