Damnoen Saduak Floating Market and Bridge on the River Kwai
(Private Day Tour)
- This exciting tour will take you out of Bangkok into the Thai countryside where you’ll be able to see a completely different way of life.
- Your guide and driver will collect you from your central Bangkok hotel, or from Saphon Taksin BTS, in your own air-conditioned, private vehicle
- Your journey will take you through the Ratchaburi province and your guide will inform you about the Thai way of life in this ancient province which stretches from western Bangkok to Burma, as you drive past salt fields and rice paddies
- Upon arrival at Damnoen Saduak you will be shown onto a longtail speedboat for an exhilarating ride through the countryside canals built by King Rama IV
- Your longtail boat will eventually bring you into the heart of the Floating Market itself where you will see many vendors with their boats laden with goods
- Your guide will treat you to a number of Delicious Delicacies as you make your way through the canals such as sweet sticky rice and mango, fragrant coconut ice cream, sizzling prawn balls, syrupy mini pancakes, homemade sweets or wonderful and exotic tropical fruits.
- After your time on the canals, you are free to wander along the waterside market where you can continue to browse or shop. This is a photographer’s paradise!
- You will then head through wonderful Thai countryside, through the provinces of Ratchaburi and Kanchanaburi, where we will stop for a tasty Thai Lunch on the banks of the River Kwai
- You will visit the famous Bridge on the River Kwai that was built in 1943 by local labourers and prisoners of war to connect Thailand to Burmese railways
- After you have walked across the railway, we will take you to the JEATH War Museum and the cemetery for many of the 12,000 prisoners who perished during the bridge’s construction
- Your guide and driver will take you back to your hotel, or to the airport, where your tour will end
|1 person||2 people||3 people||4+ people|
|Price in Thai Baht||8600||5500||4400||3900|
What is included in the price
- Local Thai guide throughout
- Private vehicle with driver
- Canal tour on Longtail speedboat
- At least 4 tasting samples at the floating market
- All entrance fees and attractions listed
- Water in your vehicle and at lunch
What is not included in the price
- Drinks other than water
Departure Time: 07:00
Duration: 10 hours
Distances: Damnoen Saduak is 110 km southwest of Bangkok
The Bridge on the River Kwai is 100 km northwest of Damnoen Saduak
Central Bangkok is 140 km east of The Bridge on the River Kwai
Departure Point: All city centre hotels or Saphon Taksin BTS
Wheelchair accessible: Getting in and out of the longtail boats may cause considerable difficulty. The rest of the tour is possible.
What to bring
- Light, comfortable clothing