Bangkok & Central Thailand 6 day tour
(6 days/5 nights)
This exciting road trip starts and ends in Bangkok and takes you to some of the most spectacular highlights of central Thailand.
Day 1 ( -/-/D)
- Arrive at Bangkok airport
- You will be met at the airport by your own guide and driver
- Transfer to hotel
- Your guide will show you the area around your hotel and advise you about how to haggle for a good price on the tuk tuks or street markets that are located close by.
- In the evening you will enjoy a traditional khantoke dinner with Thai Dance
Day 2 (B/L/D)
- Tour of famous Bangkok temples including those of the Reclining Buddha & Emerald Buddha
- Tour of the Royal Palace
- Walk through Amulet Market to Chao Phraya river
- Riverside restaurant lunch
- Tour of Bangkok canals by longboat
- Dine and dance on an evening cruise through Bangkok along the Chao Phraya river
Day 3 (B/L/D)
- Visit the world famous Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Tour the floating market and the surrounding countryside canals by boat
- Eat a riverside lunch before transferring to your bungalow accommodation in Kanchanaburi
- In the afternoon you will relax in the gardens overlooking the river Kwai and enjoy an hour-long Thai massage.
- Dinner will be cooked from local ingredients to your request
Day 4 (B/L/D)
- Full day excursion around Kanchanaburi for a taste of the jungle and WW2 history
- Visit the War Museum and learn about the conditions that the allies had to endure during the Second World War when building the infamous Death Railway and Bridge over the River Kwai.
- After viewing the bridge, take a train journey through the gorge, before eating lunch on the edge of the river Kwai
- Ride elephants through the jungle
- Float gently downriver on rafts made of bamboo, through pristine rainforest
- Return to Kanchanaburi for dinner at your bungalow hotel
Day 5 (B/L/D)
Ayutthaya Guest House
- Early morning transfer to Ayutthaya, the ancient capital of Siam
- Visit the many pavilions and landscaped gardens of Bang Pa-In Summer Palace
- Take a long-tail boat up the Chao Phraya river to Ayutthaya island
- Catch an elephant taxi to the temple ruins of Ayutthaya including the famous three-chedi temple, Wat Phra Si Sanphet, Wat Phra Mahatat and the magnificent Wat Ratburana
- Dinner at your guesthouse.
Day 6 (B/L/-)
- After breakfast at your hotel, you will have the opportunity to visit other temples by pony and trap, on foot, or by bicycle.
- Lunch en route back to Bangkok
- Transfer to Bangkok airport or to a Bangkok location of your choice
Services included in the price:
- Tour Guide: 1 car with driver and 1 English speaking guide will be provided throughout.
- Accommodation: All rooms have air conditioning and private facilities.
- Meals: As specified in the program. (5 x Breakfast, 5 x Lunch, 5 x Dinner)
- Transport: Tours and transfers by air-conditioned vehicle.
- Misc: All activities as specified in the itinerary, including admission fees, with instruction where necessary.
Services not included in the price:
- International and internal flights
- Drinks and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for guide and drivers / Personal expenses